Part of the Service Transition lifecycle, the Change Management process provides a clearly defined procedure to submit, review, approve and schedule requests for IT service changes. The objective of the process is to ensure that changes to the IT environment are carefully considered and reviewed so as to minimize the impact on individuals who use our IT services and to avoid change-related conflicts between our IT services.
At a very high level, the Change Management Process includes seven sub-process activities:
- Record & Review Change Request - Information from the Request for Change (RFC) is used to create a Change record.
- Prioritize & Categorize Change Request - Changes are categorized according type, size and risk of the change.
- Assess & Evaluate Change - Change Manager will ensure both a technical impact assessment and the risk to the business relative to the change requests are completed by those stakeholders required to assess the Change.
- Authorize Change - Formal authorization is obtained for each Change from a Change authority. The levels of authorization should be judged by the type, size or risk of the Change.
- Coordinate Change Build & Test - Authorized RFCs should be passed to relevant technical groups to build the Changes.
- Coordinate Change Deployment - Authorized RFCs should be passed to the relevant technical groups to deploy the Changes
- Review & Close Change Record - On completion of the Change implementation, the results should be reported for evaluation to the Change Manager. A Change Review (Post Implementation Review) should be carried out to confirm that the Change has met its objectives.
|Lynn Bosworth||IT Service Management Office|
|John Chin||IT Service Management Associate Director|
|TBD||IT DBA Dept|
|Francine Sneddon||IT Service Continuity|
|Jason Lin||IT Service Management Development|
|ITSM Development||IT Service Management Admin & Developers|
|Irene Brezman, Mimi Sosa & Victor Vargas||IT & Business Applications/Systems (MC, ITS, SOM)|
|Kevin Barney||IT Data Center & CMDB|
|TBD||IT Field Services|
|John Chin||IT Service Desk|
|Steve Young||IT Data Network|
|Ian Gwin & Steve Young||IT Network|
|Don Francis & David Carcamo||IT Server & Storage|
- Governance Meetings: 4th Tue of the month, 1:30pm
- Governance Meeting Agendas & Minutes: Enterprise Change Management Process Committee Agendas & Minutes
- Change Advisory Board Meetings: IT Enterprise CAB: Tues, Wed, Thur at 9:30am. Dial-in info & dynamic Pre-CAB report link can be found in ServiceNow, under Change > Overview, found in the Navigation Bar