Part of the Service Operation lifecycle, Incident Management manages the lifecycle of all Incidents. The objective of the process is to ensure that normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible and the business impact is minimized.
At a very high level, the Incident Management process includes eight process activities:
- Identification - Incidents are detected and reported.
- Logging - All relevant information relating to the nature of the Incident must be documented.
- Categorization & Prioritization - Incidents are categorized and prioritized to facilitate a swift and effective resolution.
- Initial Diagnosis - A diagnosis is carried out to try to discover the full symptoms of the incident.
- Escalation - When the Service Desk cannot resolve the incident, the incident is escalated for further support (functional escalation). If incidents are more serious, the appropriate IT managers must be notified (hierarchic escalation).
- Investigation & Diagnosis - When there is no known solution, the incident is investigated.
- Resolution & Recovery - Once the solution has been found, the issue can be resolved.
- Incident Closure - The Service Desk confirms that the incident is fully resolved and that the user is satisfied and then the incident can be closed.
If the customer can work, the Incident can be resolved. -Peter Stampfer, Incident Process Manager
|Balestreri, Tony||ITSM Developer||IT Service Management|
|Beynon, Kristan||IT Security Analyst||IT Security and Policy|
|Brezman, Irene||Mgr-Environment Portfolio||IT Clinical Applications|
|Chin, John||ITSM Associate Director||IT Service Management|
|Galvan, Cyndi||IT Security Analyst||IT Security and Policy|
|Gee, Melissa||Operations Manager||Campus Procurement & Contracting|
|Hall, Shawn||Business Systems Analyst||IT Service Management|
|Isaac, Josh||Programmer Analyst||ITS Billing|
|Law, David||Information System Manager||Pediatrics IT|
|Lin, Jason||Applications Program Manager||IT Service Management|
|McCue, Rita||Technical Lead ITSM||IT Service Management|
|Moraga, Penny||Clinical Applications Profl||IT Clinical Applications|
|Pal, Noah||System Administrator||Campus Life Services|
|Pucillo, Dan||Ops Supervisor, Tech Team||IT Service Desk|
|Regalia, Teresa||Sr IT Security Analyst||IT Security and Policy|
|Seatavakin, Pete||ITFS Field Manager||IT Field Services|
|Stampfer, Peter||Service Operation Process Mgr||IT Service Management|
|Thacker, Chris||Programmer Analyst||Campus Life Services|
|Von Eichhorn, John||Business Technical Support Mgr||IT Service Desk|
|Weigle, Susan||Operations Supervisor||IT Service Desk|
|Yun, Rodney||Education Systems Analyst||School of Pharmacy IT|
- Governance Meetings: 1st Wed of the month, 10:00am