Part of the Service Transition lifecycle, Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) aims to maintain information about Configuration Items (CIs) required to deliver an IT service, including their relationships. The SACM process includes three sub processes:
- Configuration Identification - defining and maintaining the underlying structure of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), so that it is able to hold all information on CIs. This includes specifying the attributes describing CI types and their sub-components, as well as determining their interrelationships.
- Configuration Control - ensuring that no CIs are added or modified without the required authorization, and that such modifications are adequately recorded in the CMDB.
- Configuration Verification and Audit - performing regular checks, ensuring that the information contained in the CMDB is an exact representation of the CIs actually installed in the live production environment.
SACM and the CMDB is a collaborative effort across the enterprise and are proven successful if there’s ongoing commitment at all levels, and each identified participant effectively utilizes the tools and monitors the processes established. -Lynn Bosworth, SACM Process Manager
|Lynn Bosworth||SACM/CMDB Process Manager and Change Management||IT Service Management Office|
|Francine Sneddon||IT Service Continuity||IT Service Management Office|
|Mimi Sosa||Application Class Owner||IT Applications (Campus)|
|Irene Brezman||Application Class Owner||IT Applications (Medical Center)|
|Danni Pugeda||Applications||IT Applications (School of Medicine)|
|Sunny Bang||Communication Devices Class Owner||IT Clinical Communication Devices|
|Ian Gwin||Communication Devices Class Owner||IT All Other Communication Devices|
|Pete Seatavakin||Computer Class Owner||IT Field Services|
|Sherman Chin||Database Class Owner||IT Database|
|Ian Gwin||Network Gear Class Owner||IT Network|
|Steve Young||Network Gear Class Owner||IT Network|
|Don Francis||Server and Storage Class Owner||IT Server (Operations)|
|Don Francis||Server and Storage Class Owner||IT Server (Engineering)|
|John Chin||Service Desk SME and Business Service Class Owner||IT Service Desk|
|Shawn Hall||Software Class Owner||IT Service Management Office|
|John Kealy||Web Sites Class Owner||IT Web Site Development|
- Governance Meetings: Second Thursday of the month, 3:00pm
- Governance Meeting Agendas & Minutes: SACM Process Improvement Committee Agendas & Minutes