The Jakarta version of ServiceNow introduces the Report Designer.
The Report Designer provides a new user interface and guided flow to help both experienced and inexperienced users create new reports and edit saved reports. **
1. From the Navigator, filter to the Reports section and select "View / Run" - the Reports home is displayed. To gain greater visibility in the content pane you can collapse the Navigator by clicking the minimize navigator button in the lower left corner of the Navigator.
2. You can Edit an existing report, or click "Create a report". In this example, we will create a new report.
3. Once you click "Create a report" the Report Designer interface is displayed.
4. In the Data tab, enter the "Report name". Select the "Source type" of Table. Select the table you are reporting from such as Incident.
5. Click the blue Next button. On the Type tab, a list of report types is displayed like Bar, Pie, and Time Series.
In this example, we will scroll down to the Other section and select the List View option, then click Next.
6. On the Configure tab, for List View reports, the options are "Choose columns" and "Group by".
For this example, we click the "Choose columns" to determine which data columns appear in the list view.
7. In the Columns window, remove or add columns by selecting a column using the arrows to add or remove. Click "OK" when you have the Selected columns you need.
NOTE: The Selected" columns are pre-defined to either the default list-view columns or the customized list view you set up for the table you are working with.
8. After selecting your columns, you need to open the "Condition Builder" to limit the found data set from "ALL" to a more specific set.
Click the 'filter' icon to expand the Condition Builder.
9. Add query conditions to focus the data. In this example, we add an Assignment Group value, then click "AND" and add the Incident State value.
10. In the Condition Builder, the process of field selection has a couple of new features.
When clicking "-- choose field --" a search bar is provided. When typing a field name the results are immediately limited to that name.
If you need to "dot walk" (locate a field in a related form), the selection process is cleaner. Click on the arrow icon to the right of the field
and a pop-up list appears immediately. Once you select the related table field, the result is listed like "Table . Field".
11. Once you have Conditions, you can "pre-view" the report using all your settings (selected columns and conditions).
Click the "refresh" icon or the "Run" button.
12. If you need to adjust anything, you can click back through the designer tabs (Data, Type, Configure) and change the options. You can also adjust the Conditions. Click the refresh icon or Run to pre-view the data again.
13. Once you have the report that you want, you need to save it in order to run it again in the future.
Click the Save button at the top of the record.
14. If you want to Share the report with an assignment group or specific user, click the Share icon located to the left of the Save button.
15. To Export the report, you must click the "Context Menu" [hamburger menu]. For list-view reports, this is located to the left of each Column name.
16. If you are creating a Graphical report Type such as a Bar or Pie chart, you will see other options under the Configure tab.
You may also want to adjust options on the designer tab "Style". There are 3 tabs of options on the Style tab (General, Title, and Axis).
17. To Export a Bar or Pie chart, you need to place your cursor/pointer over the chart to display the "Context Menu" [hamburger menu], then click it.
** We encourage you to learn to use the new Report Designer. If you need to, you can revert to the "Classic UI" by clicking the link "Switch to Classic UI" which displays the older version of the Report view used in Istanbul. NOTE: The "Classic UI" may be discontinued by the vendor in future releases.