Part of the Service Operation lifecycle, Incident Management manages the lifecycle of all Incidents. The objective of the process is to ensure that normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible and the business impact is minimized.
At a very high level, the Incident Management process includes eight process activities:
- Identification - Incidents are detected and reported.
- Logging - All relevant information relating to the nature of the Incident must be documented.
- Categorization & Prioritization - Incidents are categorized and prioritized to facilitate a swift and effective resolution.
- Initial Diagnosis - A diagnosis is carried out to try to discover the full symptoms of the incident.
- Escalation - When the Service Desk cannot resolve the incident, the incident is escalated for further support (functional escalation). If incidents are more serious, the appropriate IT managers must be notified (hierarchic escalation).
- Investigation & Diagnosis - When there is no known solution, the incident is investigated.
- Resolution & Recovery - Once the solution has been found, the issue can be resolved.
- Incident Closure - The Service Desk confirms that the incident is fully resolved and that the user is satisfied and then the incident can be closed.
If the customer can work, the Incident can be resolved. -Peter Stampfer, Incident Process Manager
|Abad, Cheryl||BCH Oakland IT Tech Support Manager||IT Information Technology|
|Beynon, Kristan||IT Security Analyst||IT Security and Policy|
|Bisht, Vishakha||CFS Process Admin||IT Business Ops Administration|
|Brezman, Irene||Mgr-Environment Portfolio||IT Clinical Applications|
|Bronco, Mimi||Business Systems Analyst||IT Service Management|
|Camacho, Jennifer||Systems Administrator Manager||Fresno Assoc Dean Administration IT|
|Carrillo, Joel||CO Solution Center Manager||Controllers Office|
|Cheung, Ray||Business Support Manager||IT Field Services|
|Chin, John||ITSM Associate Director||IT Service Management|
|Flesner, Joshua||It Architecture Lead||IT Systems Engineering|
|Galvan, Cyndi||IT Security Analyst||IT Security and Policy|
|Isaac, Josh||Programmer Analyst||ITS Billing|
|Jang, Jeffrey||CO Solution Center Supervisor||Controllers Office|
|Law, David||Information System Manager||Pediatrics IT|
|Lin, Jason||Applications Program Manager||IT Service Management|
|McCue, Rita||ITSM Technical Lead||IT Service Management|
|Moraga, Penny||Clinical Program Coordinator||IT Clinical Applications|
|Ozawa, Alvin||Business Technical Support Supervisor||Med Center Support Call Center|
|Pal, Noah||System Administrator||Campus Life Services|
|Paulino, Luis||Technical Operations Supervisor||IT Service Desk|
|Pucillo, Dan||Clinical Operations Supervisor||IT Service Desk|
|Quinn, Josh||System Administrator||Campus Life Services|
|Rubalcaba, Nick||Info Systems Supervisor||Fresno Assoc Dean Administration IT|
|Seatavakin, Pete||ITFS Field Manager||IT Field Services|
|Siegmund, Leslie||Business Systems Analyst||Supply Chain Management|
|Stampfer, Peter||Service Operation Process Manager||IT Service Management|
|Sussmann, Lian||Program & Systems Manager||Supply Chain Management|
|Swanson, Ida||IT Security Manager||IT Identity Management|
|Taylor, Greg||Technical Operations Supervisor||IT Service Desk|
|Thacker, Chris||Programmer Analyst||Campus Life Services|
|Von Eichhorn, John||Associate Director||IT Service Desk|
|Yun, Rodney||Education Systems Analyst||School of Pharmacy IT|
- Governance Meetings: 1st Wed of the month, 10:00am